Personal Information Protection Policy
- 1Observance of Laws and Regulations
We at Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha observe the laws and regulations, and other norms regarding the protection of Personal Information as defined below.
- 2Protection of Personal Information
We ensure that our directors, auditors, executive officers and employees recognize the importance of protecting Personal Information, and the appropriate usage of such information.
- 3Respect for Rights of the Data Subject
We fully respect the rights of the individual who is the data subject in regards to his/her Personal Information, and by due compliance with laws and regulations, and also within the reasonable scope of socially accepted norms and customs, whenever we receive a request from the data subject to notify the data subject of the purpose of use of his/her information, or to disclose, correct, or supplement such information, or suspend the use of or delete such information, or suspend the provision of such information to third parties, we will comply with such request.
- 4Collection, Use, and Provision of Personal Information
In light of the fact that, as a global logistics company, we are engaged in business operations throughout the world, we have established a privacy management system that complies with the actual conditions of each operation, and appropriately handles all the Personal Information received, based upon the applicable rules on collection, use, and provision of such information.
- 5Security Measures
In order to secure the safety and accuracy of the Personal Information in our care, we implement security measures, and strive to prevent unauthorized access to Personal Information, and the loss, destruction, alteration, leak, etc., of such information.
- 6Notification and Disclosure to the Public
In handling Personal Information, we take appropriate measures in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, such as informing the data subject of necessary matters or disclosing such necessary matters to the public.
- 7Purpose of Use of Personal Information Acquired
Except when we have provided notification by another method, we will handle the Personal Information we have collected within the scope necessary for fulfilling the following purposes:
- (1)Business negotiations with us, execution and performance of contracts, and management of other transactions;
- (2)Provision of information related to our operations and services and those of our group companies, and procedures related thereto;
- (3)Operation of vessels owned or chartered by us;
- (4)The provision of information related to, or the conducting of, advertising campaigns, training, social events, and other events hosted by us, as well as the analysis and reporting of results of the same;
- (5)Communications with us and notifications and social greetings by us in accordance with social customs;
- (6)Investigations, analysis, research and auditing related to our business operations;
- (7)Communications with organizations related to our business operations;
- (8)Administrative procedures related to our stock;
- (9)Our investor relations (IR) activities and corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities;
- (10)Public relations activities of ourselves and our group companies;
- (11)Management of access to (entering/exiting) our facilities, management of security for our facilities;
- (12)Responding to inquiries of all types;
- (13)Procedures related to employment activities and other management of human resources;
- (14)And for the proper and smooth operation of our business operations.
For more details, please refer the following pages of our website;
NYK Group (for information about our group companies:)
- 8Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except for the cases below, we do not provide Personal Information to third parties.
- (1)When we have prior consent of the individual;
- (2)When based on laws and regulations;
- (3)When necessary for improvement of public health or protection of property, and obtaining consent of the individual is difficult;
- (4)When it is necessary to cooperate with the performance of functions stipulated by a law or regulation by a government institution or a local government, or a party that has been entrusted with such performance by a government institution or a local government, and the obtaining of the individual's consent may result in interference with the performance of such government functions.
Within the scope necessary for fulfillment of the purpose of use of the Personal Information, we may in some cases subcontract the handling, in whole or in part, of the Personal Information we obtain. In such cases, we will execute a basic agreement with such subcontractor related to the Personal Information and/or such other agreements required, and we shall supervise the subcontractor as necessary and appropriate.
- 10Inquiries related to Personal Information
For inquiries related to the handling of Personal Information, please contact our Personal Information Helpdesk . Please note that we cannot answer to inquiries about Personal Information other than those of inquirer.
Personal Information Helpdesk
NYK Line Legal & Fair Trade Promotion Group - Compliance Team
- *Definition of Personal Information
Personal Information means information defined in Article 2 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003).
Personal Information pertains to information that identifies or can identify specific individuals by one or combining two or more of the following data:
His/her name; date of birth; age; gender; home address; telephone number; family composition; hobby, preferences; e-mail address; workplace; work title; workplace address; telephone number of workplace; credit card number; bank account number; various numbers or character sequences attached to the individual, such as employee number; information collected from the purchase of goods, products and services; information on home pages visited; information on complaints, consultation and inquiry; etc.
Data subject refers to the individual that can be identified by the above-mentioned Personal Information.
Handling of Personal Information on This Website
- 1Security during Access to Personal Information (use of SSL)
The NYK website (https://www.nyk.com/english/ hereinafter referred to as "this website") uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer), an encrypted communication, for transmitting and receiving personal information.
SSL used at this website is a communication technology that simultaneously encrypts input data for transmission and reception, and is a well-established conventional safety measure for communications. There are cases when access to this website may be denied, as with the use of browsers not compatible with SSL, firewall restrictions, etc.
This website uses a technology known as cookies on a number of pages. A cookie refers to information that will be stored on a user's computer by a web browser when a user is accessing this website. When this website is accessed by a user on subsequent occasions, cookies are used for providing contents of the pages in an efficient manner.
It is not possible to identify any particular individual from the information stored in cookies.
Depending on the browser setting, the user can decide to accept or deny cookies; however; by rejecting cookies, there will be a possibility that access to some of the services on this website will be unavailable.
- 3Use of Web Beacon
This website uses a technology known as a web beacon on a number of pages.
A web beacon is an extremely small visual image engraved in a website for the purpose of gathering information. It is a technology for determining how may times a particular page has been accessed.
It is not possible to identify any particular individual from the information obtained through web beacons.
- 4Use of Google Analytics
Last update : April 30, 2021
Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK Line)