What do we do?
We have three main business sectors.
- Liner Trade Business
- Air Cargo Transportation Business
- Logistics Business
- Dry Bulk Business Division
- Energy Business Division
- Automotive Transportation Division
- Real Estate Business
- Other Business Services
We operate various kinds of ships, e.g., containership, oil tankers, and car carriers.
What we will be doing in the future?
We aim to realize sustainable growth in line with the medium-term management plan.
Medium-term management plan basic strategy
Create new values through
"staying half a step ahead" sprit
- Reduce market volatility
- Secure stable-freight-rate business
- Increase efficiency and create new values
Positioning governance as the foundation of all corporate activities, we will further strengthen our governance by integrating ESG principles into our management strategies.
What are our financial targets?
We aim to achieve our financial targets and capital policy through cash flow management and by improving ROE.
Earnings and financial targets
|Medium-Term Target(by FY2022)|
|Recurring Profit||¥28 billion||¥70~100 billion|
|Equity Ratio||26.6%||min 30%|
|DER||1.78||1.5 or lower|
|Exchange rate (1US$)||¥111.19||¥105|
|Bunker oil prices (1MT)||$341.41||HSFO $320
*HSFO = High Sulphur Fuel Oil / LSGO = Low Sulphur Gas Oil
To achieve ROE target
Cash Flow Management
We will distribute increased profits to all shareholders.
NYK Line has designated the stable return of profits to shareholders as one of the most important management priorities, and generally targeting a consolidated payout ratio of 25%, the profit distribution is decided after comprehensively taking into account the business forecast and other factors. At the same time, based on an ongoing minimum dividend that is not affected by the business results, an annual dividend of ¥20 per share has been set as the minimum dividend for the time being.
- *NYK Line conducted a reverse stock split at a ratio of 10 ordinary shares to 1 ordinary share on October 1, 2017 and conducted a stock split at a ratio of 1 ordinary share to 3 ordinary shares on October 1, 2022. The price in the graph above takes into consideration of the effect of this reverse stock split and stock split.
We plan to issue a full-year dividend based on the criteria before the stock split of JPY1,435/share and based on the criteria after the stock split of JPY478/share.