Medium-Term Management Plan,
“More Than Shipping 2013: Grow with Asia, Expand across the Globe”
In April 2011, the NYK Group launched its three-year medium-term management plan, “More Than Shipping 2013: Grow with Asia, Expand across the Globe.”
* After that, the NYK Group announced revisions to its financial targets on April 27, 2012, and its fleet and investment plan on July 31, 2012, due to the effects of the remarkable appreciation of the yen, a hike in the price of bunker oil, and the economic challenges faced by the global shipping industry.
Introduction to the performance targets of “More Than Shipping 2013: Grow with Asia, Expand across the Globe” [Details]
* The performance targets were revised.
The four focused strategies of “More Than Shipping 2013: Grow with Asia, Expand across the Globe” [Details]
- Strategy 1: Leverage logistics capabilities: effectively capture Asia's growing transportation needs
- Strategy 2: Utilize auto logistics capabilities: actively respond to all auto-transportation supply-chain needs in Asia
- Strategy 3: Employ technological capabilities: secure highly advanced energy-transportation business
- Strategy 4: Leverage global network: proactively expand overseas natural resources and energy-transportation business
- Review of the previous medium-term management plans
- Foundation supporting the NYK Group's growth strategies: corporate social responsibility
- Special Feature: Taking on the Challenge of Stabilizing Earnings
Reporting on Our Progress under the Medium-Term Management Plan “More Than Shipping 2013” (excerpt from Annual Report 2012) (PDF: 1.5MB)