Idemitsu Kosan Co., Ltd.
NYK Trading Corporation
Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd. (head office: Tokyo; representative director and CEO: Shunichi Kito; hereinafter “Idemitsu Kosan”), NYK Trading Corporation (head office: Tokyo; president and representative director: Keiji Tsuchiya) and NYK Line (head office: Tokyo; president: Tadaaki Naito) are pleased to announce that the three companies have established a new joint company for sales of “ULTY-V plus,” a control optimization system for coal-fired boilers. Through the new company, the three will commence sales in China, Taiwan, and Vietnam, as well as domestically in Japan.
“ULTY-V plus” makes use of AI to enable the boiler in power plants and factories to be controlled in a stable manner. The system can autonomously carry out a series of operations — including self-measurement, self-analysis, and self-assessment — for fuel combustion control. By enhancing combustion and reducing fuel consumption, economic efficiency can be further improved. Moreover, the system contributes to the prevention of global warming and the realization of a sustainable society by reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions.
- Overview of New Company
Trade name: NYK Idemitsu Green Solutions Co. Ltd.
Location: 34F World Trade Center, 2-4-1 Hamamatsucho, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Representative: Keiji Tsuchiya, CEO and Representative Director
Paid-in capital: JPY 30 million
Shareholders: Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd., NYK Trading Corporation, NYK
Business: Sale of control optimization system for coal boilers, development and improvement of system, and consultancy
Establishment: March 12, 2019
Start of operations: April 1, 2019
- Outline of ULTY-V plus
• Product name: ULTY-V plus, control optimization system for coal boilers
• Target facilities: Coal boilers (pulverized coal-fired, fluidized bed combustion), and all other types of boilers
• Target fuels: Coal fired, coal/biomass fired, coal/byproduct fuel fired, heavy oil/byproduct fuel fired
• Fuel-reduction ratio: 1.0% and above
• Features (1) Through the use of AI, a self-learning function optimizes the control of fuel
(2) Fuel consumption reduced at a high level through the realization of stable plant operationl
The news on this website is as of the date announced and may change without notice.