On April 14, NYK Line and Tokyo LNG Tanker Co. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Tokyo Gas Co. Ltd., held a naming ceremony for a jointly owned LNG vessel being built at the Sakaide Shipyard of the Kawasaki Shipbuilding Corporation.
Mitsunori Torihara, the president of Tokyo Gas Co. Ltd., named the vessel Energy Confidence,and his wife cut the holding rope. Koji Miyahara, the chairman of NYK, also attended the ceremony.
The joint ownership of Energy Confidence is the first between Tokyo LNG Tanker, which owns 70 percent of the vessel, and NYK, which owns the remaining 30 percent. The ship will be used for shipments of LNG from Malaysia, Australia, and Sakhalin to Japan.
Capacity: 153,000 m3
Length Overall: about 289.50 m
Breadth: about 49.00 m
Gross Tonnage: about 124,000 ton
Shipyard: Sakaide Shipyard, Kawasaki Shipbuilding Corporation
Left to right: President and Mrs. Taniguchi of Kawasaki Shipbuilding,
President and Mrs. Torihara of Tokyo Gas, Mrs. and Chairman Miyahara of NYK
The news on this website is as of the date announced and may change without notice.