- CSR Activities
- Human Rights
- NYK Report (CSR Report)
- Materiality Initiatives
- Groupwide Environmental Management
- Environmental Data and Awards
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Flagship
- Environmental Initiatives
- Human Resources
- Social Contribution
- Principles and Action Guidelines
- Systems and Programs
- NYK Group Activities
- NYK Group Activities
(Japan & Overseas)
- Technology and Innovation
- Stakeholder partnership
- Corporate Governance
- *Please note that CO2 emissions calculator for ocean transport by container will be terminated from 2nd July 2018, due to establishment of container shipping business integration.
- NYK Report Download
From fiscal 2013, we united our annual report and CSR report into a single publication, the NYK Report.
A variety of systems and programs have been introduced to encourage NYK Group staff members to engage in volunteer activities based on the Principles of NYK's Social Contribution Activities and Action Guidelines.
NYK Introduces Volunteer Point System
NYK has introduced a volunteer point system to encourage employees to participate in activities that contribute to society. This system was created to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the establishment of NYK's Office for Corporate Citizenship, a special department dedicated to managing the company's social contribution activities.
Points are granted for each form of contribution made by employees, and NYK then tallies the points, converts them to a monetary amount, and makes donations in that amount to charities. Moreover, the system is used to recognize top volunteers every year to inspire greater activism.
About volunteer point system
- Eligible Participants
- : NYK Group company officers and employees based in Japan
- : Participation in volunteer and social contribution activities sponsored by the company, the country, NPOs, or regions, in addition to fundraising and donations of money or blood
- Benefiting Charities
- : Using the results of an employee questionnaire, charities are selected and donations made.
Charities Receiving Donations in 2017
Volunteer Leave System
Since fiscal 2006, the Volunteer Leave System has been introduced to encourage NYK staff members to participate in volunteer activities. Eligible volunteer activities are announced by the Office for Corporate Citizenship (OCC).*1 NYK Group employees can offer up to five days of their time each year with the support of the company.
- *1 The Office for Corporate Citizenship (OCC)
- The Office for Corporate Citizenship (OCC) is a specialized section that was established in October 2004. OCC aims to promote the NYK Group's social contribution activities.
Matching gift program
NYK has introduced a matching gift program from the Mid Niigata Prefecture Earthquake in 2004. This is a program under which NYK provides an additional contribution proportional to the contributions made by employees to an NPO or similar organization.
Volunteer Portal Site
NYK established "the volunteer portal site" in August, 2016 . The site supplies information about volunteer activities and volunteer groups that are supported by the OCC. Volunteer activities include events that can be attended after work and other easy-to-join social contribution activities through personal shopping. The site also introduces first hand stories about NYK Group staff actual experiences while volunteering.