- Vision and green policy
- Targets and plans
- Group wide approaches
- Environmental mass balance
- Environmental accounting
Vision and green policy
The NYK Group's environmental management vision
In March 2005, we established the NYK environmental management vision to further strengthen our environmental management activities. To fulfill its objective of supporting a sustainable society, NYK is implementing three medium-term strategies specifically aimed at realizing “a green and beautiful earth” and passing on “a peaceful society to future generations.”
Under this vision, based on the NYK Group's environmental policy and the concise environmental management plan based on our policy, we operate various environmental activities at specific sites.
The NYK Group's environmental Green Policy
- We, the NYK Group, adopt responsible practices with due regard to the environmental impacts of our corporate activities. We set and continually review objectives and targets for achieving our goal to protect our entire global environment.
- We seek not only to comply with safety and environmental regulations but also to implement in-house standards to improve our environmental performance and prevent pollution.
- We commit ourselves to the safe operation of all our logistics services via sea, land, and air-transport modes, including not only our oceangoing vessels but also our waterfront, inland, and air-transport services, as well as terminal and warehouse operations.
- We seek to reduce environmental loads by efficiently using resources, saving energy, reducing waste, encouraging material recycling, and particularly by minimizing emissions of greenhouse gases, ozone-depleting substances, and toxic matter.
- We endeavor to minimize environmental loads and adopt environmentally friendly technologies when ordering and purchasing necessary resources, such as vessels and aircraft, for transportation services and cargo operations.
- We endeavor to use education programs to raise environmental awareness among our employees and to ensure that they recognize the essence of this Green Policy by actively addressing environmental concerns.
- We make wide-ranging social contributions in close partnership with local communities by disclosing environmental information and supporting environmental conservation initiatives.
Constituted on 1st April, 2001
Amended on 1st April, 2009